Windsor 4 County Rural Fire
306 W. Benton
Windsor, MO 65360
* The Windsor Four County Rural Fire Department was organized in June of 1964 to provide fire protection to the four counties (Henry, Johnson, Benton, and Pettis) with a ten mile radius of Windsor.
* In 1992, the City of Windsor would no longer provide shelter and insurance for the Windsor Rural Fire Department, so the organization purchased property at 306 West Benton and built the existing fire station which has been added onto three times.
* The organization has a president, vice-president, secretary-treasurer and 8 board members. Two board members from each county serve on the board. They serve a two year term, with alternate years being elected during the annual meeting, which is held the third Monday of April each year.
* The department has a chief, assistant chief, captain, and 3 lieutenants and presently 19 firefighters.
* The organization has a new 2015 First Responder 400 gallon truck which they are very proud of. Also, the other fire apparatus include Pumper 1 1000 gallons and Pumper 2 1000 gallons. The extrication is also carried on this truck, Tanker 2000 gallons, 2-ton tanker 1000 gallons, and two side-by-sides brush units.
* Two training meetings are held each month and the trucks are also checked during these meetings. A few of the activities the firemen are very active in are hanging of the flags each year in the down town area, helping the sheriff's department with traffic control during each parade, a boot block in August of each year for MDA and the Burn Children of Missouri.
* Also this past Christmas was the first year the firemen were in charge of cutting the Christmas tree and decorating it at the 4-way stop. This was an activity that was definitely enjoyed by all. Also each Fourth of July they provide a pyrotechnics show at Farrington Park.
* If you would like fire protection provided to you, it is available for $40.00 per fiscal year to the rural community.
* Please call 660-351-1443.
* If you live inside the city limits your fire protection is contracted to the organization by the City of Windsor for a fee each year.
Become a member now by mailing a check for $40 to:
* Windsor 4 County Rural Fire Department
* 135 Lynde Dr.
* Windsor, MO 65360.
* Please call Carolyn Riddle with any questions at (660) 351-1443.