Windsor Garden Club
The Windsor Garden Club was organized in Windsor, MO, on November 16, 1948. The club is a member of National Garden Clubs, Incorporated, Central Region and Federated Garden Clubs of Missouri, Incorporated, West Central District. The members of the Windsor Garden Club generously donate many volunteer hours in this community. The grounds around the Bicentennial Caboose, located at the Windsor Katy Trailhead, several flower beds at Farrington Park, and the four planters at the intersection of Highway 52 and Highway 2 in Windsor are all benefactors of the group’s time and talent. The Windsor Garden Club placed a Blue Star Memorial at Farrington Park in Windsor and maintains the greenery and flowers around it. They are currently working on bringing master bees to Windsor. Club officers are Ginger Miller, President, Denise Moore, Vice-President, Maxine Beavers, Secretary, and Janice Walthall, Treasurer. The club’s official flower is the Violet.
The Lenora Blackmore Memorial Lily Beds (left) located at Farrington Park received a complete renovation, thanks to the Windsor Garden Club. Back row, left to right, Denise Moore, Sara Gursick and John Gursick. Front row, Maxine Beavers, Debby Walsh, Janice Walthall and Ginger Miller.
The Blue Star Memorial, (right) installed and maintained by the Windsor Garden Club. The Blue Star Memorial is at Farrington Park.
Planters at the intersection of Highway 52 and Highway 2 are tended to by Ginger Miller, Janice Walthall, Connie Fosnow, Debby Walsh and Maxine Beavers.
Every year, during National Garden Week, the Windsor Garden Club places arrangements in local businesses and gives away seeds. (left) The planters at the intersection of Highway 52 and Highway 2 in full bloom. (right)